Details on the most recent patch for Destiny 2, which has been given version number 188.8.131.52, have been made available by Bungie. The patch was released not long after the most recent dungeon for Destiny 2, The Witch Queen was made available to players.
The purpose of the hotfix is to address any bugs that may have been introduced with the release of the new dungeon, Duality, as well as any issues that may have arisen with the Grasp of Avarice and Vow of the Disciple encounters.
On the gameplay side of things, the hotfix rebalances PvP a little bit by making it less probable for players to spawn into the Witherhoard pools of the other team when they are participating in PvP. If the Tracking Module perk is loaded, the Bump in the Night Rocket Launcher will also have a tracking indicator shown in the scope of the weapon.
The new dungeon in Destiny 2, referred to as Duality, requires players to enter Emperor Calus’ mindscapes in order to successfully complete a mind-heist. Players that complete the dungeon will be rewarded with unique equipment. This loot will include new Legendary armor and weapons, an Exotic weapon, and a catalyst for the Exotic weapon.
The whole changelog for the hotfix update 184.108.40.206 is presented below.
Dungeons and Raids
- Fixed an issue where players were spawning in an undesirable location after joining the existing fireteam. You really didn’t want to be there.
- Standard Bearers are now spawning where intended.
- Spamming the bell should no longer stop it from functioning.
- Fixed numerous texture and environment issues.
Grasp of Avarice:
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t progress in the encounter.
Vow of the Disciple:
- Fixed an issue where previewing weapons in the vendor shop showed placeholder shaders.
Gameplay and Investment
- Players will be less likely to spawn into the opposing team’s Witherhoard pools in PvP.
- Bump in the Night Rocket Launcher now has a tracking indicator in the scope when used with the Tracking Module perk.
- Fixed several Hand Cannons which had missing scopes including The Steady Hand and True Prophecy.
Bounties and Pursuits
- Fixed an issue where Seasonal Challenges were not correctly tracking Seasonal quest progress across different characters in some circumstances.
Platforms and Systems
- Fixed an issue where players on Xbox platforms could sometimes only see limited invite and join actions in the roster when viewing Xbox network friends.