The video game developer Saber Interactive is celebrating a big victory after the release of Evil Dead: The Game, which has already sold 500,000 copies in just five days. The latest patch, version 1.0.5, has been released and takes aim at a variety of tricks such as changing character models, speed hacks, false nicknames, and health regeneration. In the following version, there will be a more significant improvement to the anti-cheat system.
An exploit that enabled players to cancel animations and carry out actions at a rate that was significantly faster than usual has also been patched. This is in addition to enhancements made to the server’s reliability, bug fixes (such as Survivors losing their ability to input while completing certain acts or while possessed by the Demon), and a lot of other changes. Additionally, the healing characteristics of Cheryl and Evil Dead 1 Ash have been rebalanced, and the values of Amanda’s Weapon Master: Pistol Skill have been changed to reflect these changes.
At this time, Evil Dead: The Game can be purchased for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and personal computers. Later on, in 2018, it will also be available on the Nintendo Switch. Keep an eye out for more information regarding additional patches and upgrades in the meanwhile.
Stability / Quality of Life
- Implemented various fixes to combat cheats such as speed hacks, health regeneration, fake nicknames, and character model changing. A larger anti-cheat update is also forthcoming in another update soon.
- Addressed an exploit where players could cancel animations to perform actions faster than intended
- Improved server stability
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed crashing after closing the pause menu on the “Find a way out of the pit” objective in Mission 5
- Fixed loss of input bug when a possessed unit dies
- Updated balancing to Cheryl’s healing attributes
- Updated balancing to Evil Dead 1 Ash’s healing attributes
- Adjusted values to Amanda’s Weapon Master: Pistol Skill
- Fixed an issue causing loss of input when Survivors are possessed by Demon, exit vehicles, or try to pick up full stacks of items
- Fixed an issue that caused a Survivor to be immortal at death or when using a healing item in the storm
- Fixed an issue where Survivors can deal 1M damage to Demon and deadites
- Fixed PlayStation 4 Trophies not synchronizing