The final installment of Final Fantasy 16 has been leading tops Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most eagerly anticipated future games, as voted on by their readers, for a number of weeks in a row, and this week is no exception, to little surprise. It’s possible that we’ll hear more about the new RPG in the near future, but for now, it’s holding onto the top spot with a comfortable lead over the game in second place, Bayonetta 3.
Interestingly, but also unsurprisingly, every game in the tops 10 save Final Fantasy 16 is a game that will be released on the Nintendo Switch in the near future. As expected, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 comes in third, which makes sense given the fact that the game’s release is only a few months away, while fellow Switch exclusive Splatoon 3 – which will be released in September – ranks fifth. DQ10 Offline is a game that is wedged between the two other games.
Even though it’s been a while since the release of the first game, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: A Link to the Past manages to snag the sixth slot, with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet following closely behind it at No. 7. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak is at No. 8, LIVE A LIVE is at No. 9, and Ushiro is at No. 10 on the list of the best-selling video games of all time.
You can see the complete list of the top ten in the section below. Famitsu readers were given the opportunity to vote between April 14 and April 20.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 610 votes
3. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 549 votes
3. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 484 votes
4. [NSW] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 482 votes
5. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 475 votes
6. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 472 votes
7. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 366 votes
8. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak – 345 votes
9. [NSW] LIVE A LIVE – 307 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 286 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]