Hitman 3 by IO Interactive is a game that keeps on giving. Fans have been treated to a slew of mainly excellent post-launch DLC, like Elusive Targets, Special Contracts, and more, since the game’s launch last year, with much more on the way. In this way, March 2022 will be no different, and IO Interactive has now produced a roadmap that details what’s in store.
Players of Hitman 3 will now have access to three new Arcade Contracts (one for each game in the trilogy), which when completed will provide them access to the Sieger AR552 tactical. In addition, Arcade Contracts have been updated to feature the return of mission briefings, a single Complication per Arcade Contract, and many adjustments to Complications from specific contracts.
Meanwhile, The Collector, who will emerge in Hitman 3’s Dartmoor area for ten days starting March 11, is the Elusive target this time around. Finally, IO Interactive is bringing back Featured Contracts and Elusive Target Arcade for Hitman 2016’s Patient Zero DLC. Overall, March 2022 appears to be building up to be a good month for Agent 47 enthusiasts.
Along with the release of this new batch of Arcade Contracts, we’d want to go over certain modifications that will be implemented on March 3rd that will affect the Arcade Contracts that have previously been released, including those that are being released today. We also anticipate a few further modifications in the near future.
Changes to Arcade Contracts (March 3)
- Reintroduce the mission briefing for each individual mission within an Arcade Contract.
- There will be one single complication that is persistent throughout each Arcade Contract.
- Removed the following complications from The Deceits: “Hide All Bodies” and “Camera Countdown”. The only remaining complication is “One Pacification”.
- Removed the following complications from The Codices: “One Disguise Change” and “Headshots Only”. The only remaining complication is “No Civilian Casualties”.
- Removed the following complications from The Ellipses: “No Ballistics” and “Camera Countdown”. The only remaining complication is “Hide All Bodies”.
- Chosen to preserve the “Hide All Bodies” complication in The Ellipses to stay in line with the choice of retaining the first complication from each Contract and to avoid issues with the
- leaderboards. It won’t be coming back in future Arcade Contracts.
Upcoming changes to Arcade Contracts (Soon)
- All ET Arcade Contracts will feature 3 targets per Arcade Contract.
- Avoid complications that are considered to be creatively restrictive or can result in instant failure, this includes the ‘Hide All Bodies’ complication.
- Investigate making all ET Arcade complications optional. If we don’t encounter any unexpected issues, we expect to implement this additional change with our next patch.