According to the official Discord website, Sony previously announced a new partnership with the Discord app on PlayStation devices, and it gradually began giving players the ability to link their PlayStation Network account to a Discord account last February. This feature will be available to players all over the world.
You’ll be able to exhibit your activity in the game after you link the accounts, and the game you play on PS4 and PS5 will appear as one of the activities in the User Profile area for your friends to see. However, in order for your status to be visible to everyone, you must enable the option to allow anybody to see your PSN Online status.
How do you link your PlayStation account to your Discord account?
- Open the Discord app on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, or the web. Go to User Settings > Relationships > Add, and select the PlayStation logo.
- In the next window, sign in with your PSN login ID and password, and confirm that you want to connect your accounts. Once connected, you can choose from Discord to toggle the display of the Online Connection ID in your profile, and toggle the display of PlayStation Network as your status.
- This feature is not available for PlayStation Network child accounts. Please note that you must set the privacy setting for Online and Now Playing on PSN to Anyone to have your online status appear in Discord.
What will I benefit from linking the PlayStation account to the Discord account?
Connecting your account used to access PlayStation Network to Discord is a great way to share your PlayStation Network gaming activity with friends. Once your account is linked, you will be able to share the following with Discord users:
- Your PSN Online Connection ID in your Discord profile.
- PlayStation games you play
- Since when did you start playing.
How to unlink Discord from PlayStation Network settings?
- Go to Account Management.
- Go to Other Settings > Link Account.
- Select Discord to unlink your accounts.
- Open the Discord app on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, or the web.
- Go to User Settings > Relationships and select the X button next to the logo
- In the new menu, confirm that you want to continue unlinking your accounts by pressing the Disconnect button.
Do I need a PlayStation Plus membership?
No, a PlayStation Plus membership is not required for this feature.
From which PlayStation devices can I share my Discord gaming activity?
You can share your PSN presence and gaming activity on PS5 and PS4 via Discord.
Can I set up account linking from my device?
Account association with Discord can only be set up in the Discord app, on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, or the web. You cannot connect PSN and Discord using your device.
I changed my PSN Online ID but it won’t update on Discord apps, how do I fix this?
In most cases, after you change your online ID, it will automatically update with the next gameplay activity on your PlayStation. In some cases, you will need to reconnect your account.
Jim Ryan, President of Sony Interactive Entertainment, said that this collaboration is part of the company’s ongoing search for new ways to enable gamers around the world to connect with each other, make friends and share fun experiences. Sony’s collaboration with the popular app that is used by more than 140 million people each month means that Discord is connected to the PlayStation Network on gaming platforms and smartphones, allowing gamers to connect with their friends and play together in an easier way while trying out different titles.
Source: SaudiGamer <3