Later on this month, there will be some extremely interesting events for those who enjoy the BattleTech universe and the MechWarrior 5 video game. The game will receive plenty of free content updates in addition to the massive Rise of Rasalhague campaign that was previously revealed.
The development team behind MechWarrior 5, Piranha Games, has provided information regarding the upcoming update that will coincide with the release of the new paid expansion for the game titled Rise of Rasalhague. This expansion will add more than a dozen new missions and a new series of mechs to the game.
On January 26, significant adjustments will be made to the game’s behavior of our allies in terms of both their actions and their reactions. Now, during combat, teammates will follow commands more closely, fire more frequently, and aim more accurately.
The new features and improvements that have been added by the developers are just getting started now. The most significant alteration will be an upgraded mech hangar. As on the 26th of January, the hangar aboard our spaceship will be able to house up to forty operational machines (currently only 12 slots for mechs).
Changes in the January 26, 2023 update:
- Better and more frequent shooting of companions
- Improved companion aiming
- Increased the frequency of using LRM rockets
- Improved pathfinding in Defense missions
- Fixed bugs with AI stuttering in the ship
- Fixed other bugs related to moving mechs
Redesigned mech hangar
- Increased active mech hangar capacity from 12 to 40
Quality of Life upgrades
- More information about negotiating points in contracts
- Better friendly fire designation
- Better interface in co-op
- Better observer module in co-op
- Improved ordering interface
- Additional control scheme referring to traditional shooters (controller or keyboard + mouse)