The month of January is just beginning to pick up steam, and that means we can anticipate more and more noteworthy premieres like One Piece Odyssey. There is not a scarcity of fascinating news, despite the fact that it is still a relatively long way from the rush of hits from the major labels. This is also reflected in sales rankings, which feature new goods more frequently as the year goes on. Everything will get off to a slow start, but then it will pick up speed.
The most recent list compiled by Famitsu and covering the sales of video games in the Land of the Rising Sun during the previous week is the ideal example of this, and it can be seen here. The most recent iterations of Pokemon are, without a doubt, still in the first place, but the other two spots on the podium go to the two different iterations of One Piece Odyssey (on PS4 and PS5). Examine the list of the top ten!
Game sales in Japan (09.01 – 15.01)
- [NS] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet – 64,799 (Total: 4,695,052)
- [PS4] One Piece Odyssey – 35 123
- [PS5] One Piece Odyssey – 26 879
- [NS] Splatoon 3 – 22,094 (Total: 3,817,608)
- [NS] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 18,172 (Total: 5,101,319)
- [NS] Nintendo Switch Sports – 14 849 (w sumie: 969 291)
- [NS] Minecraft – 11,025 (Total: 3,008,474)
- [NS] Dragon Quest Treasures – 7,864 (Total: 254,564)
- [NS] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 7,587 (Total: 5,100,328)
- [NS] Mario Party Superstars – 7,382 (Total: 1,151,855)
Other relevant information is the fact that Pokemon Scarlet/Violet would still outsell both versions’ combined sales. After a few more years, Minecraft managed to surpass yet another milestone with the Nintendo Switch version: the total number of copies sold is now over three million!