Major figures from the company got together and discussed issues with the main game series.
Insider and main foreign fan of Battlefield 2042 Tom Henderson published a retelling of the meeting of the leadership of Electronic Arts about the reasons for the failure of the shooter. Some of them are obvious, others are a look at the problem from the inside.
- A significant part of the development was not on the game, but on Frostbite – it took ~ 18 months to update it.
- The developers worked from home, which made it difficult to remake Frostbite.
- The testers did not work well – on betas, the team collected a record number of bug reports.
- At the same time, the perfect multiplayer Halo Infinite was released, polished to a shine.
- Performance limitations in the Steam version.
- The conflict between DICE tradition and support for the game-service model.
- Deceived player expectations.
- Game design mistakes.