A new patch has been made available for V Rising, the critically acclaimed survival crafting game developed and published by Stunlock Studios. This patch does not provide a lot of new material, but it does add a feature that has been asked for a lot: the ability for player servers to schedule wipes. In addition, there is a brand new indicator that you can use to quickly identify which servers are set to undergo wipes in the near future.
A new filter will display only those servers that have scheduled wipes, along with the remaining number of days until those wipes take place. If you are interested in the beginning play on a fresh new server, you can use this information to decide the optimal time to do so. It is still necessary for the server to be restarted for the wipe to take effect. Wipes on a predetermined schedule are likewise optional and can only be used on new servers that have been built after the patch has been released.
PvP Presets now use 1.25 BloodDrainModifier instead of 1.0, DLCs operate in LAN mode, and a patch was implemented for clouds that would become blurrier and experience more lag as time went on. These are just some of the other updates and fixes. Check out the complete patch notes that have been provided below. V Rising can now be played on personal computers through the Early Access program on Steam. As of the 17th of June, it has already sold two million units.
Patch 0.5.42553 | Patch Notes | Hotfix 8
New servers can now be hosted with repeated scheduled wipes.
- Servers with Scheduled Wipes will show a unique icon in the server list.
- Added a filter to show only servers with Scheduled Wipes.
- Server with Scheduled Wipes will display the number of days remaining until the next planned wipe.
- Once the date for the wipe arrives, the next Server Restart will trigger a wipe.
- Instructions on how to use this feature will be included in our Dedicated Server documentation and on G-Portal’s website.
- We will open new Official servers with this feature in the near future.
- Please note that Scheduled Wipes is an optional feature and will only be possible in new servers created after today’s patch.
Added new ServerHostSettings for lowering FPS on servers when they are empty:
- The default is true and with a value of 1.
- Official PvP Presets now use 1.25 BloodDrainModifier instead of 1.0
- Fixed a bug where clouds would get blurrier and start to lag over time.
- DLCs now work in LAN Mode.
- Fixed a rare server crash involving Directional Shields and Counters.
- Fixed an issue where crashing servers would leave a growing amount of temporary data in the save folders. Such temporary data will be cleaned up with this patch.
- The initial Server List request now prioritizes servers with players increasing server fetch speed.
- Replaced “Activity” with “Territory” in the server list view.
- Localization has been added for Spanish – Latin America, Danish, Thai, and Ukrainian.
- Replaced “Days Played” with “Days Running” in the Server Details.
- “Days Played” previously displayed the number of in-game days since server start, “Days Running” will now instead display the number of real-time days since server start.