Weird West, a game developed by WolfEye Studios, was launched less than two weeks ago to positive reviews (check out our review here). However, the developer’s first post-launch patch is now out for PC, and it solves a variety of flaws while also adding quality-of-life enhancements. Patch 1.02 is also in development, and it will include even more improvements as well as some new features.
In version 1.01, you can now access your companions’ and horse’s stuff from the Shop UI, making it much easier to sell. You can also sell Junk things on the way to Wanderers, reducing the amount of time spent traveling between towns. Additionally, instead of three AutoSave Slots, the game now cycles through five, allowing you to undo even more poor choices.
The PC version of Game Pass now includes ten manual save slots, bringing it in line with the Xbox version’s save roaming. More information can be found in the patch notes below. WolfEye intends to continue working on the game in the long run, with further bug patches and upgrades planned as well as “adding content, game types, and other features.”
Changelog for version 1.01
- If you attempt to explore their saddlebags, your horse will now stop if it was moving (and Saddlebags won’t auto-close if they restart moving for whatever reasons, but will still auto-close if you move away from your Horse)
- You can now resell items directly from your Companions’ and Horses’ inventories using the Shop UI.
- Wanderers can now purchase Junk Items, giving them additional chances to resell them while on the road. The game now cycles through 5 x AutoSave Slots instead of 3, making it easier to go back and forth between save files if necessary.
- GamePass is a subscription service that allows you to PC The build now has ten manual save slots (up from five) to match the Xbox version for Save Roaming.
- When your Posse is hit by friendly fire, the Protector Journey Hero you recruited as a Companion will no longer resign.
- The Weapon Wheel now displays the proper icon for Bolt-Action Forester Rifles.
- If you pushed USE for too long when verifying the decision, the Shop UI might sometimes incorrectly auto-sell a random item from the Player’s inventory. “Browse Goods” is a term used to describe the process of looking for items.
- If the player’s inventory was full, the crafting things did not drop the crafted item at their feet.
- Throwable weapons with improved accuracy (eg dynamites etc) They have a longer throw arc and faster speed, making them easier to utilize in combat and allowing them to pass through doors and other obstacles.
- To make it less annoying to trash numerous weapons in a succession, the HOLD duration on the Scrap Weapon interaction has been reduced to the usual HOLD interaction time. Added an option for players to transfer all junk items from their inventory to a companion, horse, or container inventory all at once.
- If you used LMB on any of the Abilities or Perks, you couldn’t browse the Journal’s “Abilities” and “Perks” TABs using Keyboard+Mouse.
- One of the Heathen Travel Encounters that didn’t activate on a specific story path has been fixed.
- Fixed the Canker and Fighting Pit Sigils being incorrectly destroyed while using a generic Sigil to visit a secondary Temple (the update is retroactive, so if you already had the bug, you’ll get the missing Sigil when you enter the Fighting Pit/Canker or reload a save in those places).
- All Bounty Targets’ Intro Lines are now non-blocking, preventing the player from being distracted by a blocking chat while battling or sneaking on their target.
- If you return a handcuffed Bounty Target, they will only have a small chance of breaking out of jail and launching a vengeance against you in the future (was previously 100 percent when it should have been 15 percent )
- When their health dips below 40%, companions now automatically apply bandages from their inventory (instead of the threshold being at 25 percent )
- Distraction noise created by flinging things around has been fine-tuned such that AIs react to it from afar, giving the player more power over the system.
- When utilizing the Sirens Scenario, there was an issue with abandoned mines not being properly populated with Sirens.
- Fixed the Foliage/Bushes regions in the Canyon Location to have fewer “holes” in them so that the player isn’t surprised while strolling through a bush patch while hiding.
- Fixed Weapon Shop guards being dispatched to watch banks in town instead of remaining in the Weapon Shop (also solves Deputies being inside the locked ransacked Bank at beginning of the game)
- Companions do not need ammo to use ranged weapons, which was added as a loading hint.
- Fixed the quest item disappearing from the Easy Prey/Terror on the Trailside quests if you entered and exited the abandoned wagon location before discovering the item Fixed losing reputation while killing Ravenous at Galen’s Crossing
- When browsing containers/NPCs and opening your inventory side panel, you can dump objects from your inventory.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t bury your companions in Olvidado’s lair, preventing you from accessing their bodies during the last Journey.
- Fixed discovering husband in Bounty Hunter Journey but not releasing him, then returning to Galen’s Crossing and fulfilling local objectives early and incorrectly finishing the Journey.
- Essex Mast in Quickbend now follows up on his blocking discussion when you release him, resulting in an objective blocker in rare circumstances.
- Fixed navmesh beneath tanning racks in Trapper Camps, which might cause side quest NPCs to appear inside tanning racks, preventing side quest progression.
- When you reloaded into a position where you had attached the rope to a skylight, the rope was deleted from your player inventory.
- Documents, relics, keys, and the Golden Ace were not transferred from the fourth to the fifth Hero.
- During the Ritual travel encounter, Oneirist left the place while discussing the cursed figurine with her.
- Fixing a hole in the bush at the start of Greenwood Run that was causing players to be identified unfairly.
- On the Crafting UI, it’s now apparent the item you’re making and which items you’ll need.
- When you set AIMING to TOGGLE MODE and aim with your weapon, the Reputation Notification will sometimes display a placeholder text.
- Fixed a rare blocker fault where the Pigman Hero would not proceed to the destination during a certain objective during the last Journey’s side quest where they open the cell after being bribed.